Flexible costing drives greater precision
Does your hospital know the true cost of care?
Understanding the true utilization cost—from drugs to high-cost implantable devices—helps hospital administrators make informed decisions, providing the precision needed to manage spending and deliver care services in today’s competitive healthcare environment.
Harris Affinity Decision Support (ADS) organizes clinical, supply chain and reimbursement information into actionable data in order to determine the true utilization cost.
“Harris Affinity Decision Support (ADS) has allowed us to track the shift of our patients from observation to IP setting in an accurate and timely manner. This, coupled with the ability to review the actual cash collections and direct patient costs, has afforded us the ability to provide our senior leadership the data to support the cost of adding the various FTEs, changes in processes as well as software expense. Having solid decision support tools allows our facility to make sound business decisions in what is not always a sound or solid environment.”
Jania Grimsley, Franciscan Health
Turn Information into Actionable Data
Harris Affinity’s expertise in advanced costing and prospective modeling gives hospital administrators more freedom and flexibility to:
- Maintain any number of cost models where you choose to manage one through time and across all entities or separate by year and/or entity
- Group encounters (physician, acute, etc.) across the continuum of care
- Build an unlimited number of cost components. Blend cost methodologies across and within departments down to the charge level, so they can be flexibly applied to encounter patient charges
- Determine an “actual cost” (cost vs. value of utilization)
- Choose how to allocate overhead expenses to patient care departments (e.g. reciprocal allocation or single step-down) and then apply to unit costs at the detailed charge level
- Support department hierarchies for multi-entity organizations